Yosemite Youth Basketball Association
We have placed a few standard simple rules to review. These rules have been established for the safety of the players, coaches and fans.
- All players, coaches and fans must have FUN!
- All players and coaches must be registered with AAU
- All games 20-minute halves (Running Clock except last 2 minutes of each half)
- Running Clock when point differential is 20 points or greater
- Overtime: 2-Minute Stop Clock (1 full timeout per team per OT)
- 5-minute pre-game warm-ups, 5-minute half-time break
- Timeouts: 3 full and 2 thirty-second timeouts per game. All other CIF rules apply
- Any questions or disputes regarding tournament rules or play are to be directed to the Tournament Director.
YYBA's "CODE OF ETHICS"
The purpose of this document is to ensure that all coaches, players, parents/guardians and fans of participants involved in Yosemite Youth Basketball Association's program are made aware of and are participants of the Association's "Code of Conduct" policies. Yosemite Youth Basketball Association will not tolerate hostile and disruptive outbursts by coaches, parents, players, or fans. Failure to observe YYBA's Code of Conduct could result in forfeiture of your son's/daughter's tournament participation as well as their team's continued participation.
As Coach, Parent/Guardian, Player or Fan, I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for all participants involved with Yosemite Youth Basketball Association's programs and events and agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, or practice.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable basketball experience for all.
- I will demand a sports environment that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol and will refrain from their use at all youth basketball events.
- I will remember that my child's game of basketball is for youth - not adults.
- I will do my very best to make the sport of basketball fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- I will treat all players, coaches, fans and officials with respect.
- I will help each athlete enjoy their basketball experience by doing whatever I can to be a respectful fan, coach and/or supporting parent/guardian.
- As a parent and fan I will not harass, abuse, disrespect, or cause a disturbance against an opposing coach, player or official.
- I shall never place the value of winning above the value of instilling the highest desirable ideals of character.
- I will recognize the importance of academic development and will promote the proper balance between sports and academic activities.
- Coaches must always consider the personal safety of the athletes
- Coaches shall be thoroughly acquainted with the rules and regulations of competition, and shall be responsible for their interpretation to team members.
- I shall not try to seek an advantage by circumventing the spirit or letter of the rules.
- Before and after the game, I shall meet and exchange friendly greetings to set the correct tone for the game.
- Game officials shall have my respect and support. I shall not indulge in conduct, which will incite the players or spectators against the officials.
- I shall respect my opponents, display gracious behavior during competition and require others to conduct themselves in similar fashion.
If you have questions about our rules of conduct, Please call Jeff Nichols at (559)760-0931, or Rick Slayton at (559)683-5105
© 2012-2013 Yosemite Youth Basketball Association
All Rights Reserved
Website Designed and Developed by Bryan Guadagnini